..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


19 November 2012

Will you let Me?

This morning I went to meet with God.

In the quiet place, in the stillness of my spirit, He asked me...



"Are you willing to scrap all of your elaborate plans? Lofty expectations? Wildest dreams?"

"Burn them?"

"Put them on the altar and burn them?"

"Remember I told you that I would give you your heart's desires?"

Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires. {Ps. 37:4}

"Remember I told you that I wanted to give you something infinitely better and beyond anything that your beautiful but finite mind could conceive?"

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. {1 Cor. 2:9}

"I know what you want."

"Better yet, I know what you need."

"Better still, I know the deepest longings and desires of your heart."

"And I am the only One who can satisfy those longings and desires."

The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it. {1 Th. 5:24}

"The question is: 'Will you let Me?'"

 

No comments: