..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


02 February 2012

Before the rooster crows, you will deny me…

“And Peter remembered the saying of Jesus, ‘Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times.” And he went out and wept bitterly.” –Matthew 26:75, ESV



Gosh, I’m so disgusted with myself right now. I think I have an inkling of how Peter must have felt when he realized that he had just denied the Lord despite his best intentions. “Even if I must die with you, I will not deny you!” –Matthew 26:35, ESV I realize more and more just how downright weak and pathetic I am by nature, in my flesh, that is. Here I was thinking I was completely sold out to Christ, then some persecution and suffering comes my way and I begin to waiver in my faith. How dare I deny my Lord, after all He has done for me? What could I possibly know about suffering that He Himself has not endured and then some???
He is always good even when I am not! 
He is always good even when others are not!

“This is a trustworthy saying:
If we die with him, we will also live with him.
If we endure hardship, we will reign with him.
If we deny him, he will deny us.
If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself!
-2 Timothy 2:11-13, ESV

Father, I am a wretched person indeed! Forgive me and cleanse me from all wickedness. Strengthen me that I may do your will, no matter what it costs! I want to have the faith that Paul so eloquently proclaims in Phillipians:

“For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.”
–Philippians 3:8-11, ESV

Father, give me the faith to pray like Jesus did:

“Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me.
Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” –Luke 22:42, ESV


Hold On, by Shawn McDonald

No comments: