..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


30 January 2013

Speechless

"After all of this, what have I said?
What can anyone say when speaking of God?"

O God, You are the greatest and the best,

The strongest, the most merciful and just,

Absolutely concealed and absolutely present,

Beautiful, mysterious,

Never changing, but changing everything,

Never new, yet never old,

Always in action, yet always at rest,

Attracting all things to Yourself but needing none,

Preserving and fulfilling and sheltering,

Conceiving and nourishing and ripening,

Continually seeking but lacking nothing,

You love without the confusion of emotion,

You are jealous, but without fear,

You owe us nothing, and yet You give to us


as though You were indebted to us.

You forgive what is due You


and yet lose nothing Yourself.

After all this, what have I said?

What can anyone say when speaking of God?


{Augustine of Hippo}


This was my devotion today. It moved me so much I had to share!

Speechless,
Jo














"This is what the LORD says:
'Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is this house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?'"
{Isaiah 66:1}


Excerpt from His Parables: The Most Moving Words Ever Written About The Parables of Jesus,
© 2005 by Integrity Publishers. All rights reserved.

No comments: