..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


09 May 2012

Grace


Grace by Eric William Gilmour

Whose grace has changed the face
Of the case upon my life
No price could erase
The sin base of my humanity
A walking calamity
Part of the rebel family
But he handed me remedy

For my corrupt condition
This decision made me one with my help
I was unable to save myself
He shows me how He felt
Seeing me born in iniquity
Sick with the infection of the age
Born a child of rage
Trapped and caged
In a maze made in my mind
If you search the world you’ll never find

A way out


That's right. There's nothing this world has to offer that can save you. No person can save you. No government can save you. No institution can save you. No wealth, power, success or achievement can save you.

And no religion can save you.

Christ is the only One who can save you.

When I came to Him I was a dark, polluted mess.  I was strung out on drugs.  I was a thief, a liar and a whore.  My spirit was dead.  I had a whole truckload of demons.  I felt evil down to my very core.  And I was teetering on the brink of insanity.

And then Christ saved me.

Me.

Not just from the fire.

But from myself.

He freed me from the self-made prison I was in. He delivered my mind from torment. He broke the strongholds of addiction and habitual sin from my life.


Now He continues to guide me, heal me and transform me every day.

He leads me into truth.  I found out I have an enemy. Long ago my Creator had a plan and a purpose for my life, before I was even conceived.  The enemy of my soul was there too with his own plan. His purpose was to deceive me.  He wanted to keep me from finding out my true identity in Christ. He used the painful things that happened to me to harden my heart, provoke me to rebellion, and ultimately make me a slave.  I was damned.

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.
-John 10:10a, NLT

He almost succeeded in robbing me of my destiny.

He almost succeeded in taking my soul.

But then, piercing through the darkness, came the glorious face of Jesus Christ, the visible image of the invisible God.

Christ, who is pure, white light and holy love beyond all comprehension, saved me and gave me new life.

I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
-John 10:10b, ESV


Now everything is different.


He has given me a life full of purpose that I never thought possible.

And now nothing in the whole world compares to Him!

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. -Phillipians 3:8, NLT

No comments: