..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


25 November 2011

The Heart Of A Missionary?

As I am reveling in the nostalgia of being home for the holidays, I can't help but wonder about all the places God is going to take me throughout the remainder of my life. I am such a sentimental person, I just realized, and I feel like so much of my heart is still here in Louisiana. There truly is no place like home for the holidays. Being back here has really shown me that!

Even still, a piece of my heart now belongs to Pensacola, Florida. This is where I accepted Christ and He redeemed me and gave me this calling. If He hadn't pulled me up out of the mire in Louisiana and brought me here, I never would have found my purpose. Satan would have succeeded in taking me out! But all praise, glory and honor to God because He is sovereign and His will always prevails!
So, my question is “Do we leave a little piece of our hearts everywhere we go to minister the Gospel?” If God is calling us to the life of a missionary, that means we must go WHEREVER He leads us, WHENEVER He leads us, regardless of how attached we are to the people or the places we have been called to. My heart already aches for all the people and places I will grow to love, but have to leave. Sigh...

Lord, strengthen me, so that I can do Your will. I know it is not going to be easy, but I know it will be eternally worth it!

“This is what the LORD says:
'Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded,” declares the LORD. They will return from the land of the enemy.'” -Jeremiah 31:16

“They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
'You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being.' -Revelation 4:10

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” - Revelation 21:4

No comments: