..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


20 November 2011

My Mission Statement

The Call: Vocational Ministry, Missions

Mission“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…” –Matt. 28:19-20a

Burdens: Serving My Fellow Man, Discipleship of Youth & Young Adults, Global Missions

Focus: Initially on Youth (teens and young adults), with an emphasis on missions (both here and abroad); eventually full-time missions (abroad).

Goals & Desires:
*To be a lifelong student of God’s Word;
*To continuously seek deeper levels of intimacy with God through dynamic prayer and meditation on His Word;
*To see youths and young adults “spur one another on toward love and good works”;
*To disciple and prepare them to bring the Gospel to the world;
*To be a missionary, whatever that entails, and wherever it takes me; unto death.

Spiritual Gifts:
Evangelism, Mercy, Shepherding
Other Gifts:
*Creativity – specifically music (writing & singing) and words (written & spoken);
*Detail-oriented – memory, analytical & organized;
*Insight – pertaining to the study & exposition of Scripture;
*Computer Software – Proficient in many software applications and the Web & enjoy helping others in this area.

Heroes of the Faith:

“And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” –Paul of Tarsus (Acts 20:24)


“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” –Paul of Tarsus (Phillipians 1:21)

“…Then they said to the king, ‘Daniel, who is one of the exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, Your Majesty, or to the decree you put in writing. He still prays three times a day.’  So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, ‘May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!’” –Daniel, The Prophet (Daniel 6:20)

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” –Jim Elliot
“If I am afraid to speak the truth lest I lose affection, or lest the one concerned should say, ‘You do not understand’, or because I fear to lose my reputation for kindness; if I put my own good name before the other's highest good, then I know nothing of Calvary love.” –Amy Carmichael

No comments: