..:♥:.. [The contemplations of one former prodigal.] ..:♥:.. [love.] ..:♥:.. [life.] ..:♥:.. [and other random musings.] ..:♥:..


12 January 2012

Films A’mour

I must admit that I am a sucker for a good ole sentimental love film [i.e. chick flick]!  To me a really great film must have a good plot, rich dialogue, and it should move me emotionally…and the same holds true for a chick flick.  Here are my top 5 favorites of all time!

A poor and passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman and gives her a sense of freedom. They soon are separated by their social differences.


Noah:   “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.”
Watch Now On Amazon ($2.99)

Chronicles the life of the young Jewish girl, Hadassah, who goes on to become the Biblical Esther, the Queen of Persia, and saves the Jewish nation from annihilation at the hands of its arch enemy, while winning the heart of the fiercely handsome King Xerxes.


Queen Esther:  “My father told me: ‘It takes the glory of God to conceal the matter and the honor of   kings to search it out.’”
King Xerxes:  “Then marry me...and we shall spend an eternity discovering this truth...together.”
Watch Now On IMDB (Free)

3. August Rush
A drama with fairy tale elements, where an orphaned musical prodigy uses his gift as a clue to finding his birth parents.



August Rush:  “Sometimes the world tries to knock it out of you. But I believe in music the way that some people believe in fairy tales. I like to imagine that what I hear came from my mother and father. Maybe the notes I hear, are the same ones they heard, the night they met. Maybe that's how they found each other. Maybe that's how they'll find me. I believe that once upon a time, long ago, they heard the music and followed it.”
Watch Now On Amazon ($2.99)

4. My Girl
Vada Sultenfuss is obsessed with death. Her mother is dead, and her father runs a funeral parlor. She is also in love with her English teacher, and joins a poetry class over the summer just to impress him. Thomas J., her best friend, is "allergic to everything", and sticks with Vada despite her hangups.



Vada:  “Why do you think people want to get married?”
Thomas J.:  “When you get old, you just have to.”
Watch Now On Amazon ($2.99)
A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather).


Westley:   "I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?"
Buttercup:   "Well...you were dead."
Westley:   "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
Buttercup:   "I will never doubt again."

[[All night long on my bed
I looked for the one my heart loves;
I looked for him but did not find him.
I will get up now and go about the city,
through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
So I looked for him but did not find him.
The watchmen found me
as they made their rounds in the city.
“Have you seen the one my heart loves?”
Scarcely had I passed them
when I found the one my heart loves.
I held him and would not let him go.]]
-Song of Solomon 3:1-4

[[Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.]]
-Jalal Ad-Din Rumi, Persian Poet

The Blower's Daughter, by Damien Rice
{One of the saddest, most beautiful love songs I have ever heard in my life.}

1 comment:

B Positive said...

I love your movie pics! We'll have to do a chick flick movie night :) your blog is beautiful Joan. Keep on inspiring!